I've learned from past trips the real importance of being "prayed up" before, during and even after a trip like this. Would you join me in this as a partner in prayer? Whether you're able to say a quick prayer for me and for the trip right now as you are reading this, or if you are willing to pray regularly over the course of the next week or so, keeping the following specific needs in mind, I would sure appreciate it! I know the rest of the team will as well.
Here are some specific prayer points, of course all of these are contingent upon God's will and his glory!
- Preparation--please pray for me and the rest of the team as we make our final trip preparations
- Travel--pray that we have no problems getting to (and from)Mexico...no flight delays or cancellations.
- Safety--pray that we will be supernaturally protected at all times from all forms of personal harm.
- Health--pray against health problems that could hinder our ministry.
- Weather--Right now, the forecast looks spectacular! I'm praying it stays that way
- Relationships--We're a very diverse group! Pray for a spirit of respect and love among our team leaders and members.
- Ministry--Pray that we will be a blessing to those we come in contact with and that we are blessed in return. Pray that God will open our eyes to all of the things He wants us to see while we are there. Pray that any walls we have built will be torn down and that our hearts will be broken. Pray that God will give each of us direction to go along with our drive as we head back home, hopefully with a passion to support and promote the ministry of Compassion International.